Control Panel

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Sun Apr 10 18:24:59 UTC 2005

On Sun, Apr 10, 2005 at 06:55:30PM +0100, Chris Kenward wrote:
> I've been installing Redhat ES now for a while and am getting more confident
> about getting new servers up and running, however one of our customers has
> just asked for a server running Redhat but wants to have Control Panel
> access to the box.
>
> Completely floored - how on earth does one install this? Any ideas welcome!!

It depends on what he really means.  There's webmin as somebody else
pointed out (http://www.webmin.com) but there's also cPanel which many
ISPs use (http://www.cpanel.net).  That's a totally different beast and
the installation is non-trivial and may conflict with your other
proposed uses of the box.  It is nice in an ISP environment (at least
from an end user's point of view - I haven't managed a system with it on
there).

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA