Control Panel

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Sun Apr 10 21:57:41 UTC 2005

On Sun, Apr 10, 2005 at 07:33:04PM +0100, Chris Kenward wrote:
> Hi Ed
>
> This guy wants us to build and supply (we are a co-location hosting company
> and ISP) a Redhat server exclusively for his own use as a web server. He's
> asked to have a Control Panel installed. Not sure really what he's going to
> use it for - perhaps he wants to do the "vISP" thing and host other
> websites, giving his customers access to their sites via the CP?
>
> If this were the scenario, then would cPanel do the trick?

Yup - cpanel is great for this.  It allows you/him to quickly set up
other sites, virtualizes the whole thing so that each site looks like it
owns the box, and can even set up a nice chroot'ed ssh environment.
Each site can have unique user e-mail addresses, ftp locations, web
logs, etc.  My ISP also runs Fantastico so that I can install my own 3rd
party apps like gallery, phprojekt, etc.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA