Blackhole

Gavin McDonald gavitron at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 18:39:21 UTC 2005

Just a thought,  as I am not an expert here,

If gcc needed to be installed to run the rootkit hunter, does it make sense
that the person trying to compile blackhole.c ran into the same problems
with not having a compilation environment?  And therefore was unable to use
this exploit?  (assuming that there _was_ an intruder, of course.)
Also, I realize that this is not the only xploit that they would have tried.

Regards,
-G