rhe3 update4 + Oracle 10g

Tobias Speckbacher TSpeckbacher at quova.com
Tue Apr 12 18:27:15 UTC 2005

At what SGA sizes do you see these issues ?
If you are seeing them at 1.7G+ then that's perfectly normal, at that
point you will have to deal with VLM configuration.

The links to puschitz.com have some docs on how to increase SGA beyond
1.7GB via remapping the base mem address of oracle.  The instructions
are for 9i but afaik they also apply to 10g.

If you require SGA > 2.7GB you will most likely have to employ a ramfs
solution for your SGA (ramfs being the non pageable version of memory
filesystems).  I have not had a chance to play with this yet so I cant
provide any detail advise on it.

-Tobias