Configuring NIC Card

Ryan Golhar golharam at umdnj.edu
Wed Apr 13 14:45:59 UTC 2005

Hi all,

We recently upgraded our network switch to a 10/100 Mbps switch.  We've
set the port on the switch to be 100/full.  I've also set my linux boxes
to 100 full using "ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full autoneg off"
and everything works great.  So, I have two questions:

1.  When a machine is rebooted it defaults to 100 half-duplex instead of
100/full.  How can I get it to stay at 100 full?

2.  If there a way to configure this via kickstart?  I'm worried that
when a machine needs to be rebuilt, this setting won't take effect.

Any help is appreciated....thanks,

Ryan