eth1 timing out repeatedly for Enterprise 3.0

Jamie Krasnoo krasnooj at socal.rr.com
Thu Apr 14 14:30:00 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm new to the list and I came here because I can't seem to find out the
reason as to why the network interface keeps on timing out on my server. The
whole server isn't going down it's only the network card which happens to be
built in the mother board. I'm wondering if it's a driver issue but I'm not
sure how to find out. I'm also not sure which server edition of Enterprise I
have. How do I find that out? The main problem is the network interface. I
keep on getting these errors in /var/log/messages:

Apr 14 05:46:36 alpha kernel: NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth1: transmit timed out

In which watchdog brings eth1 back up but I still have to reboot the server
to get back in. This just started happening and I have a pushy customer
whose website is on this server.

Any help would be appreciated in finding a solution to this.

Thank you,

Jamie Krasnoo

Having a server is like having a baby. Every time it cries you need to see
what's wrong.