Pipe variable to CUT -- Resolved

Jeff Boyce jboyce at meridianenv.com
Thu Apr 14 20:53:54 UTC 2005

Thanks for everyone's input and suggestions.  For some reason CUT was not
being cooperative, so I delved further into my reference manual to find
another way to skin a cat.  The solution was ...gawk.  See the complete
solution below.

Input Script
VALUE1=`arkc -drive -read -D name=BisonTape`
echo 'Value1 : '$VALUE1
VALUE2=`echo $VALUE1|gawk -F= '{ print $2 }'`
echo 'Value2 : '$VALUE2

Display Output
Value1 : tpname=Wednesdays
Value2 : Wednesdays