terminal server recommendation?

Pettit, Paul ismanager at ccbnpts.com
Mon Apr 18 15:04:00 UTC 2005

> Jim Jones wrote:

Please don't top post. Thanks.

> I like MRV terminal servers.  I been using theres for a
> while, but I have
> to admit a bias toward them.  They have acquired the xyplex
> line a while
> back.  Back in my VMS days I use to purchase mostly xyplex terminal
> servers.  The terminal server products can be found at the
> following url:
>
> http://www.mrv.com/product/MRV-IR-002/

I think he's looking at a more open source based solution for simple remote
access.

Now if he's looking for something more like a thin client host I'd suggest
he look at http://www.ltsp.org/. I have not used it nor do I know if it's
any good but it could fit what he's looking for.

> As for remote power cyclers, check with your server vendor.

Agreed, check with your CoLo vendor first, they may already have this as an
option. If not I've alredy provided some leads. :)

> jim jones

Paul Pettit
CTO and IS Manager
Consistent Computer Bargains Inc.

I've heard it said that the proof of lunacy is when you repeat the same
steps expecting different results.  I say it's proof that you're a Microsoft
user. - comment by deshi777 on experts-exchange.com