terminal server recommendation?

Noah admin2 at enabled.com
Mon Apr 18 15:37:31 UTC 2005

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 10:03:25 -0500, Pettit, Paul wrote
> > Noah wrote:
> >
> > Hi there,
> >
> > well I am needing some more remote control to my machines at my colo
> > facility.  can you possibly recommend a really nice terminal server?
>
> If your only looking to have remote control the best thing to do is
> to simply use SSH and have an account on the target server(s) with
> the needed rights (or just 'su -' to root after you are connected)
> to do what you need to do. Once in it's like you are at a terminal.

actually I am looking for a hardware device.  this is not a software solution.
I am wanting to be on the console port when I am upgrading kernels.  also want
a spot to dialin to to look at the console port in case my machines are
unreachable.

cheers,

Noah