terminal server recommendation?

Nate Golnik nate at redhat.com
Mon Apr 18 16:05:45 UTC 2005

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005, Noah wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> well I am needing some more remote control to my machines at my colo
> facility.  can you possibly recommend a really nice terminal server?
>
> also what about remote power cyclers?  any clues here?

I highly recommend the cyclades products.  They run ssh, you can remotely
dial in to them.  They integrate into the power switches so if you need to
kill power to the boxes from the terminal you can do that easily including
multiple powersupplies.  The price point is on the higher end, but if you
are doing lots of datacenter work it's worth every penny.

They also run linux which is a plus in my book.

http://www.cyclades.com

-Nate

--
Nate Golnik