i just did a rm -rf /*r as root!!!

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 22 15:59:11 UTC 2005

ok...

i have the rescue cd. i can see the /usr/bin on the rescue cd, and i can
copy it to the new '/usr/bin' on the system where i did the 'rm -rf...'.

my question, is once i do this, how/what do i need to do to get back the
rest of the system... when i compare the '/usr/bin' on a FC3 resuce cd, with
the FC3 '/usr/bin' dir, i see a great deal of difference in the number of
files.

or should i just get the FC2 iso cds and do a reinstall. keep in mind that
i've made a lot of chanegs, new rpms, updates, etc... and i'd rather not
blow those away.

i have an ext3 file system.

-bruce
bedouglas at earthlink.net