X question

jason.ctr.alburger at faa.gov jason.ctr.alburger at faa.gov
Fri Apr 22 18:15:50 UTC 2005

RH 7.2

My scenario: I am logged on at box A.  From there, I ssh to box B.  At this
point I am unable to display anything with X (like xclock).  I've ensured
that X11Forwarding is enabled in box B's sshd_config file.  The strange
thing is that when I "echo $DISPLAY" on box B, there is no value set for
DISPLAY.

I'm pretty sure it's not a problem with box A, because I have a box C with
which I can get this done without any problems.

Is there anything that needs to be done on box B besides having
X11Forwarding enabled?  I'm not sure if this is an X problem, or ssh.

Jason Alburger
609-485-7225
HID/NAS/LAN Engineer
Joseph Sheairs Associates, Inc.