GRUB Problems

Wiggled Bits wiggledbits at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 02:31:53 UTC 2005

Or maybe I am the problem but I can not get GRUB to boot this machine. Here
is what I have for a ssetup;
HDE & HDG are on a PCI IDE card that I have used for boot drives in RH9.
/ = RAID 1 w/1 spare on HDA2, HDE3, HDG3 /dev/md0 1.5GB
/boot = RAID 1 w/1 spare on HDA1, HDE1, HDG1 /dev/md1 250MB
(plus all other partitions on RAID 5 or non-RAID partitions)
 Default install is to MD0 & I get the GRUB shell only
Changed to MD1 & I still get GRUB shell only
 In GRUB shuold it not be
root (hd0,0)
kernal /boot/vmlinux root=/dev/md0
 ???????
 Please help me on this one. I have used RH from 7.x thru 9 and now FC3 will
not go. I am at the point of reverting back to RH9 or another distro.
 TIA