Reinstall filesets from installation cd

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Sat Apr 30 03:40:01 UTC 2005

On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 06:31:24PM -0700, Yard, John wrote:
> How do I reinstall filesets from the installation
> cd - this is RH ES 3. In trying to
> make an install the exact copy of an earlier one,
> I deleted incorrectly some font filesets...

You can start with: # rpm --verify --all --noscripts
You'll get the rpm names that are corrupted by having missing files.
With that list, simply remove them (rpm -e --nodeps), update the RHN
profile (up2date -p), and then run up2date to install those rpms again.

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org