Re: How to Map windows 2003 shared folders in Linux.

sandeep wrote:
Hi,

I am having PCQLinux 2005 installed. I wanted know how to map Windows server 2003 shared folder's in Linux machine. So I can get the access to the windows 2003 shared folders from linux machine.

I've done it in 2 ways:

1. Create an entry in your /etc/fstab using something like....

//misty2/USB-B /home/myhome/misty2/USB-B smbfs noauto,user,rw,username=egreshko,password=whatever,uid=myuid,gid=mygid 0 0

Where misty2=windowsname
      USB-B=sharename

Then just issue the mount command.

2. Use the smbmount command.

Ed

--
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
fools."

--Ford Prefect in "Mostly Harmless".