Add a second shared disk to an existing cluster suite service.

Bautista, Ana Rosa ana.bautista at hp.com
Thu Aug 4 10:48:10 UTC 2005

Hello everybody,

I have a question regarding cluster suite product. We actually have a
cluster with two services already configured, in our case each service
has one disk device and one mount point. We want to add a new disk to
one of these service, this way one service will work with two disk
device mounted on its own mount point each. I wonder if is it possible?
I have thought to follow the following procedure:

1.- Recognize and configure the new shared disk creating a partition and
a FS as explained in the CS manual.
2.- Add a new device under the existing service running on node1. In
this case I will follow section 3.10.2. Adding a Service Device.

I just want to be sure we can add a second disk to an existing cluster
service.

Any advise?

Thanks a lot and best regards,
Ana.