After enable NIC loss the SAN disks

ssloh at singnet.com.sg ssloh at singnet.com.sg
Wed Aug 10 00:09:42 UTC 2005

Hi folks,

I am running RHEL 3.0 U5 which connected to SAN Storage via Qlogic 2300. The issue is when I enable the slot 1 and slot 2 NIC(s)
using driver bcm5700, this server can't detect SAN disk anymore after rebooted, When I disable the slot 1 and slot2 NIC(s) then it
was able to detect san disks #fdisk -l shown sdb, sdc, sdd and sde. sda is my local disk.

The server is IBM x346; Intel x86 IA-32 architecture with 4GB memory.
Build in dual port NIC card (not problem)
Slot 1 is Single port NIC card
Slot 2 is Single port NIC card
Slot 3 is Single port HBA qlogic card (for dual pathing)
Slot 4 is Single port HBA qlogic card ( for dual pathing)

Appreciate any help? Thanks