Mail Attack

Jessica Zhu jessica at mathforum.org
Wed Aug 24 13:36:33 UTC 2005

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005, Steve Phillips wrote:

> Jessica Zhu wrote:
> > Hi Steve,
> >
> > Below is one. It is from mx.maria.choppy.com.cl, right? I guess I have to
> > scan all the bounces. It will be really time consuming.
> >
> > Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 03:43:57 +0800 (CST)
> > From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER-DAEMON at ms28.hinet.net>
> > To: Jessica at mathforum.org
> > Subject: Returned mail: Service unavailable
> >
> > The original message was received at Wed, 24 Aug 2005 03:43:52 +0800 (CST)
> > from [211.106.177.167]
> >
> >    ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
> > <chingyu7 at ms28.hinet.net>
> >
> >    ----- Transcript of session follows -----
> > mail.local: /var/mail/c/chingyu7: Disc quota exceeded
> > 554 <chingyu7 at ms28.hinet.net>... Service unavailable

Appreciate Steve.

I will try to contact them and also will consider to get another big box
if our current one cannot co-op with the situation.

If I get another one, I'd like to set up multi-layer on it to scan virus,
spam and prevent forge. Do you guys have any structure suggestion for
this?

Jessica