Pre-install Environment

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Thu Aug 25 19:11:33 UTC 2005

On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 06:33:52PM +0000, spchen at juno.com wrote:
> Thank you all for your responses to my question. My purpose is to
> restore the system as it is later (in case some one has erased
> my system).

One of the options is to use Mondo Rescue (www.mondorescue.org).  This
package can generate ISO images or burn directly to CD or DVD.  You
could simply burn the ISOs and put them on another server.  If you lose
the original server, burn the ISOs and do the restore.  Mondo is
designed to allow you to change the environment during the restore too -
e.g. go to differing disk sizes, convert to lvm, etc.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA