Q. About support - After I make changes to my RHEL 4 system and call RH?

Hi,

I'm looking for advice - mainly about RH Support vs Open Source.

I'm considering which Linux Distro and Support Offering to purchase.

RHEL is on the list, but I want to know more...

If I purchase RHEL support, make some (open source) changes to my
installed packages, then call RH for support what happens?

Do the changes (in the spirt of open source) invalidate my service/support
contract with RH? ...

I want to be able to make my changes and have RH support me if I get into
deep trouble, etc.

Hope someone with experience in this area can answer my question.

Regards,

Stephen