NIS

Dear List

I have installed NIS on a Redhat 9 machine. I have followed the instruction to
create a NIS map for passwd. The problem is that when I issue the command:

       ypcat passwd

I get nothing. I have five users in the file /var/yp/passwd that are not the same users
that are in my /etc/passwd. Can anyone point me in the right direction to resolve this.

I was expecting to see the five users when I issue the command ypcat passwd.

Thanks

Gordon