Interconnecting Exchnage and postfix

Anze Vidmar anzevi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 13:47:41 UTC 2005

hi!

As I mentioned before, I will move 50 users from the exchange to postfix
(in the same domain, example.com). The plan looks like this:

Primary server on example.com domain is Exchange 2k. I need to setup
postfix server as secondary server in the same domain for this users.
For the users student1 at example.com thru student50 at example.com mail needs
to be delivered on postfix server, so they can access email via IMAP and
squirrelmail. The million dollars question is: How to accomplish this?

Here is what i think it would work fine:

Configure postfix server to host example.com domain and also to host
virtual domain named example2.com. On the Exchange server create mail
aliases for this users, so that student1 at example.com also has alias for
student1 at example2.com. Configure Exchange so that when mail for
student1 at example.com arrives, send it to student1 at example2.com domain
(the postfix server). Postfix receives mail for this user. Configure
Exchange to be a relay server for postfix. Done.

Is there any better way to accomplish this?

Any suggestions for improvement are also very welcome. Does anyone have
experiences with this scenario? Any useful URL's  maybe?

--
Anze Vidmar <anzevi at gmail.com>