Upgrading Perl to 5.8.7 on RedHat EL 3.0

Kipp, Jim jkipp at ingdirect.com
Wed Dec 7 20:34:06 UTC 2005

Ed is correct. I setup something similar on an HP box about 2 years ago.
Instead of messing with the Perl that came with the OS, I installed and
built perl from source(from perl.org) in it's own environment. You will
have to do some reading and research. Unpack the tar and read the
README's very carefully. You will have to make some changes to the
config files before compiling.