VSFTP Help Needed

Ken Hopsicker khopsicker at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 21 18:54:04 UTC 2005

I'm running Fedora Core 4, VSFTPD 2.0.3, and PAM 0.79. I've configured the
VIRTUAL USERS using the EXAMPLE. The virtual user is khopsic and when it logs
in, the local user is cadmin and it is chrooted to /cadmin.  I've verified the
connections are using the cadmin account via a simple ps.

The setup works fine. I can touch files, create directories, etc login and
access them just fine. But this is going to be an FTP server with terrabytes of
data that these virtual users will all have download access to. So I created
all my mount points within /cadmin, i.e. /cadmin/data01, /cadmin/data02, etc.

When I create the mount points, I can see them via FTP. But as soon as I mount
the filesystem, the directories are no longer visible via ftp. I can get to
them from a shell prompt, but not ftp.

How can I configure all of the mountpoints to be accessed by the virtual users
via the cadmin local user? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Ken Hopsicker