OOT: MailScanner vs Amavisd-new

Budi Febrianto bfebrian at gmx.net
Tue Dec 27 06:49:11 UTC 2005

Hello General,

      Perhaps this is out of topic, for that sorry for inconvenient.
      Currently I tested two opensource softwares to check emails for
      spam and possible cleaning viruses as well.

      The options are MailScanner and Amavisd-new (or if there are any
      others options... welcome)

      What I looking for is low resources (should be run under 256 MB
      server can handle 2000 emails /day) and possibly no lose emails.
      The software only tag emails for spam, and delete email that
      contains viruses.
      There will be no automatically white list, manual only.
      For anti virus, I choose ClamAV.
      For SMTP server I can do sendmail or postfix... but more prefer
      to postfix.
      I know this will be very subjective, I mostly choose amavisd-new
      because of postfix, but I will be open minded.

--
Best regards,
 Budi Febrianto (mailto:bfebrian at gmx.net)