yum trouble

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Tue Feb 1 22:48:04 UTC 2005

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 14:28:13 -0800, Dan Stromberg wrote:

> I have a bunch of FC3 systems.  Yesterday, I attempted to patch two of
> them using "yum -y update".

list.

> The one that I had installed some time ago, and have run yum -y update on
> many times, worked fine.
>
> However, the one that I reinstalled with FC3 yesterday, failed to do yum
> -y update correctly both yesterday, and today.  This system is failing to
> patch itself, due to a lack, real or perceived, of a ton of missing
> dependencies.

All of them come from Fedora Core 3, so it looks as if haven't enabled
an FC3 repository in your /etc/yum.repos.d/ directory.

Further, the following looks like you have enabled the FC development
channel, where FC4 development is taking place and breaks many
dependencies, e.g. with an upgrade to Python 2.4: