Can I recover a modprobe.conf from the running list of modules?

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Mon Feb 7 12:44:58 UTC 2005

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 07:37:11AM -0500, Mike Burger wrote:
> I'm a dope...I deleted my modprobe.conf file...and all backup copies, too
>
> I'm trying to find a way to regenerate my modprobe.conf, from the
> currently running modules.  Is thre a way to do so?

Can you just copy modules.conf to modprobe.conf?

My RHEL3 system doesn't even have modprobe.conf but on my FC3 system,
the 2 are identical.

> I really need to learn not to use my computer in the morning.

And you need to learn how to take backups.  rsnapshot.sourceforge.net is
a good, fast tool that's easy on the resources, especially for backing
up things like /etc.

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA