Backup (Was Re: Can I recover a modprobe.conf from the running list of modules?)

Dave Ihnat ignatz at dminet.com
Mon Feb 7 13:26:45 UTC 2005

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 08:17:30AM -0500, Mike Burger wrote:
> Yeah...when my tape drives stopped working, I hadn't gotten around to
> getting a decent DVD backup system working (I have a DVD+-RW drive).

Heh/Ouch...

The solution I'm using these days that works well is a StarTech internal
removable IDE hot-swap bay (DRW113ATA/DRW113ATABK) with a 160+Gb IDE HD.
Five, actually.  Just like a huge removable tape.  Had to do some
tapdancing with hdparm, but after that, it works like a charm.
--
	Dave Ihnat
	ignatz at dminet.com