Problems with Errors in message log

Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com
Tue Feb 8 15:53:31 UTC 2005

Linked to the Issue Below.

Do i need  nfs/nfslock enable in the ntsysv gui. - What does it do?
Do i need the nfsd processes running on the machine - What does it do?

Any help is much appreciated.

P.s As a reminder my redhat machines are mounting Windows shares via
Hummingbird Software. Any other ideas on what i can check to diagnose this
issue would be great.

Regards

----- Forwarded by Andrew Bridgeman/UK/Corus on 08/02/2005 15:45 -----
|         |           Andrew Bridgeman |
|         |           07/02/2005 16:38 |
  |       To:       redhat-list at redhat.com                                                                                       |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  Problem with Errors in messages log                                                                          |

Hello,
            I have been getting the error below ever few minutes on all of
my Linux machines, can anyone give me an idea of what is going on and maybe
something i can check to rectify this issue.

Feb  7 17:32:34 lin15 kernel: nfs: server asu1 not responding, still trying
Feb  7 17:32:34 lin15 last message repeated 2 times
Feb  7 17:33:37 lin15 kernel: nfs: server asu1 OK
Feb  7 17:33:37 lin15 last message repeated 2 times
Feb  7 17:44:36 lin15 kernel: nfs: server asu1 not responding, still trying

I can ping to the server in question and it seems fine.

Regards