Problem Binding to Nis server

Rigler, Stephen C. srigler at marathonoil.com
Wed Feb 9 15:50:22 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 07:22 -0600, Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com
wrote:

> Using one machine as an example it says none when i do type domainname
> it
> should say bsaeg. Below are a few files if you see something wrong
> anybody
> let me know. Also does anyone know how i can get the machines that
> have
> hung back to a command line so i can make changes if needed.

How are these machine being set up?  I usually don't worry about editing
the files individually and let "authconfig" handle that all for me.

For your hung machines, I'd boot in single-user-mode, disable ypbind
"chkconfig ypbind off", boot the rest of the way up and then verify the
config with "authconfig".

-Steve