Apache server problem

Opesh Alkara opeshalkara at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 14 17:18:20 UTC 2005

HI Cian,

I really appreciate your help.

But I am a just a beginner in LINUX. The problem is I
have apache installed in my LINUX machine having IP
192.168.2.49. I am configuring a web server to work
for my LAN on this machine. I have configured multiple
IP address to a single eth0 interface. The IP address
of eth0 is 192.168.2.49. The IP "Aliases" are from
192.168.2.41 to 192.168.2.46 which belong to eth0:1 to
eth0:6 respectively. I have also installed and setup
DNS (BIND) on the same machine (192.168.2.49), and
mapped the test domains and root directory in follwing
fashion:

www.opeshalkara.com --> 192.168.2.49 --> Directory
/home/opesh/www/site/

www.opeshalkara1.com --> 192.168.2.41 --> Directory
/home/opesh/www/site1/

www.opeshalkara2.com --> 192.168.2.42 --> Directory
/home/opesh/www/site2/

www.opeshalkara3.com --> 192.168.2.43 --> Directory
/home/opesh/www/site3/

www.opeshalkara4.com --> 192.168.2.44 --> Directory
/home/opesh/www/site4/

www.opeshalkara5.com --> 192.168.2.45 --> Directory
/home/opesh/www/site5/

www.opeshalkara6.com --> 192.168.2.46 --> Directory
/home/opesh/www/site6/

I am trying to configure both (but not simultaneously)
Name based and IP based vitual hosts so as to serve
these domains by 192.168.2.49 web server, but still
have got nothing in hand. A copy of the default
httpd.conf file is attached with my custom virtual
host settings at the very end of file. Please suggest
what I am doing wrong. It would be great help if you
can edit and send me the working http.conf file,
having the least working configuration. Please delete
all the configurations you feel unimportant and
include the minimal settings that works.

If you need more info please revert back to me

Thanks a lot!!!!!

Opesh Alkara