Correct gcc?

sitaram banda sitaram.banda at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 13:45:04 UTC 2005

Hi,

We are trying to make my project set-up on a 64-bit opteron machine. We
are facing lot of problems during building the environment. Most of
the problems are very internal to the gcc which are getting solved by
moving from one GCC version to other GCC version. We worked with
gcc3.2.3 and 3.3.5. Still i am getting problems while building the
set-up. Can you please suggest us the best GCC version that suites for
64-bit opteron macchine (x86_64)?

Please also suggest what is the binutils version i should use.

I am using Redhat enterprise version 3.0. with kernel version 2.4.21-20.ELsmp

FYI if it is required i can elobarate more on the kind of problems i am facing.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Sitaram.