When samba 3.0.11 being release for RHEL 3.0?

Steve Buehler steve at ibapp.com
Thu Feb 17 21:33:28 UTC 2005

At 03:09 PM 2/17/2005, you wrote:

>I need to apply the patches that come with samba 3.0.11, but Red Hat has
>not release this version for RHEL 3.0 yet.  I am curious on what is the
>process for Red Hat release Samba updates.  Sometimes Redhat release the
>updates fast, but when I really need the update it seems like it takes a
>month or longer for the Redhat's package.  If I have to compile my own I
>will, but I would prefer to use there rpm package on my server.  If
>anybody has an idea on a release data for samba 3.0.11 for RHEL 3.0 I
>would appreciated.

Glenn
         I have not tried this with Samba because I only have it on one
machine and I am not in charge of keeping that one up to date and don't use
it myself.  But it seems like every time I want an update for RHEL ES 3
that isn't out yet through up2date, people tell me to go get the one for
Fedora.  I have done that on a lot of packages and have had no problems
yet.  The ones you are looking for would be at:
http://us4.samba.org/samba/ftp/Binary_Packages/Fedora/RPMS/i386/core/3/

Steve