Utility to delete old mail messages

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Tue Feb 22 00:28:51 UTC 2005

On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 06:39:40PM -0500, Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:

> Anyone knows any utility to delete old mail messages by connecting to IMAP (or
> POP) server and delete the messages there ?
> So for example I can specify: "Delete messages older than Jan 1, 2005", or
> "Delete messages between Aug 1, 2004 and Dec 21, 2005", etc.

I'd be lazy and use mutt or Thunderbird.

This might be ok too:  http://hastymail.sourceforge.net/index.php

>From perl, you can use one of these modules:
http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/net/imap/rdoc/classes/Net/IMAP.html
http://www.enstimac.fr/Perl/perl5.6.1/site_perl/5.6.1/Mail/IMAPClient.html
http://search.cpan.org/~robm/Mail-IMAPTalk-1.02/IMAPTalk.pm

I have not used any of them - that's just what google popped up.

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org