up2date RPM package conflict error

Steve Phillips steve at focb.co.nz
Tue Feb 22 20:15:58 UTC 2005

the second rpm will have been installed with an rpm -i instead of an rpm
-U and was probably installed with --force and/or --nodeps, this is one of
the reasons why --force and --nodeps are bad.

You may have luck in rpm -e xerces-j (with possibly a force and nodeps)
and then re-install that package.

--
Steve.