rhas3 (taroon2) eth0 eth1 network looks active, but does not send/rec

Roland Wong roland at heliosolutions.com
Tue Jan 4 21:23:56 UTC 2005

update:  I attached the crossover cable from eth0 to eth1 on the server, set eth0 to 10.0.0.101, and eth1 to 10.0.0.102.  then I pinged eth1 from eth0

# ping -Ieth0 10.0.0.102

I got error msgs saying the destination host is unreachable.  I'd been running tcpdump on another terminal, and tcpdump returned this:

13:16:53.931306 arp who-has 10.0.0.102 tell server

again, any help is appreciated.  I will post more symptoms and other fixes I've tried.

--

Roland Wong
v 408/481-0200