Sporadic low network performance, too.

Steve Baroti steve.baroti at utoronto.ca
Thu Jan 6 21:35:19 UTC 2005

Hi David,

We are running the same kernel (2.4.21-27.0.1.ELsmp) on a Dell PE 2500
with two qla2200 cards - from the end of December 2004, and we started
to notice "Sporadic low network performance" on the main webserver:
connections dropped on the webserver or ssh sessions time out. We will
fix the speed on switch port (1Gb), disabling autonegotiation. Maybe it
is a e1000 driver issue?

Before December 26th we ran RedHat 7.3 with more than 300 days trouble
free uptime.

Thanks,
Steve.