Network Storage Drives

Wartnick, James James.Wartnick at bestbuy.com
Fri Jan 14 14:54:38 UTC 2005

Hello,

I'm running RH9 and am looking at purchasing a Network Storage Device (a
cheap 40GB drive from Best Buy). Would there be any
compatibility issues with this (I can't imagine so since it is accessed
via the network)? The reason I ask is because the drive specs state
that a "Windows" type system is required. I'm thinking it is only
because of the software they include (for backing up files, etc.).
Secondly,
is there a way to mount the device without using NFS (I'm going to
partition the drive. Some of the space will be windows fs, others will
be ext2)?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

-Jim