Connection refused when trying to connect

Aram Hazarian ahazarian at omnilogic.ro
Thu Jan 20 17:45:56 UTC 2005

This is it:
[bobo at bobo temp]$ ps aux | grep httpd
bobo      1334  0.0  0.1  3536  628 pts/0    S    19:44   0:00 grep httpd
It appears to be up and runing.
But the message is the same ...

El Jueves 20 Enero 2005 16:50, Aram Hazarian escribió:
> Hi,
>
> The issue I have is on a RedHat 8.0 system.
> Whenever I try to access http://127.0.0.1/ or http://192.168.0.1/ (my
> machine's IP), the only answer I get is the alert with "The connection was
> refused when trying to connect to ...". I read a lot about this issue on
> the net, but I didn't manage to solve it. Now I don't have any firewall or
> proxy.
> Both addresses are in /etc/hosts.
>
> I'll be glad to hear some good news about this.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Bobo

ps aux | grep httpd
Can you see it?

If you can't, try running /etc/init.d/httpd start

Cheers

--
Manuel Arostegui Ramirez #Linux Registered User 200896
Socio de Hispalinux 1813