Unable to open rpmrc

Blueyonder abs1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jan 28 02:12:09 UTC 2005

Hi

running rh8 and tryed doing following:
# rpm -Uvh rpm-4.1-1.06.i386.rpm

But got following error:
Unable to open /usr/lib/rpm/rpmrc for reading: No such file or directory.

A previous post on 6 april 2001 looks similar and a copy is below -

RE: rmp is hosed? HELP!
Ok - you are stuck because you can not use rpm without rpmrc, and you
can not install rpmrc from the rpm RPM without a working version of RPM,
or using rpm2cpio and cpio to extract it.  I am not sure what happened,
but I have sent you a copy of rpmrc directly.
Mikkel

>From above, could someone please send copy of rpmrc with instructions for copying/installing it before attempting installation of rpm4.1. I think this will fix the problem.

thanks,
abas.m