[Q] Way to do system backup and recovery?

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Mon Jan 31 03:25:39 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 08:03:53AM +0800, mcclnx mcc wrote:
> Can anyone tell me how you guy doing system image
> backup and recovery?

http://www.mondorescue.org

One of the options is to create ISO images that you can leave on disk.
That way you could have your backup group back up those ISOs and if you
ever have a disaster, restore the ISOs to any system with a CD burner,
burn them, and then do your recovery.  You could, of course, do your
entire backups this way and burn them to either CD or DVD if you want.

I've done specific file backups with Mondo Rescue but have not yet done
a full system backup and restore (that's this week's project).

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org