Installing vsftpd - Thanks for Greshko

Wish to thank Ed Greshko greshko com!

I did do "chkconfig --list vsftpd" and I got the
answer that it is off in all the levels.
Bur Greshko's first sentence did the trick. He had
said, why do you assume that vsftpd file will be in
/etc/xinetd.d.

So, I did a "rpm -ql  vsftpd" to list all the files. I
saw the inititation file sitting in
/etc/rc.d/init.d/vsftpd. So I did
"/etc/rc.d/init.d/vsftpd  start" and it really
started!
I can now use it. Thanks.

But I was just wondering, why is it not being
controlled by "xinetd"? Any suggestions?