PVM

Ryan Golhar golharam at umdnj.edu
Wed Jul 13 15:04:13 UTC 2005

So I spent some time debugging this.  When I try to start the pvmd
daemon from the shell, I get the following error:

[golharam at serine lib]$ ./pvmd
[pvmd pid2369] 07/13 01:21:06 mksocs() bind netsock: Cannot assign
requested address
[pvmd pid2369] 07/13 01:21:06 pvmbailout(0)

Same error even if I do it as root.

ps -ef doesn't report any other instances of pvm or pvmd running.

We recently moved this machine from one subnet to another and gave it a
new IP address.  Everything else seems to be working fine, so I'm not
sure if that has anything to do with this.