restrict bandwidth usage

Hari N hari2n at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 05:23:23 UTC 2005

Hi,

Well, I guess you are speaking about the bandwidth burst rate for each PC.
At any given point of time, you can restrict your PCs to go up to a maximum
of 75% of your bandwidth. You should be looking at the Linux traffic shaper
for more details on this.

There are different tools for doing this. One of them is the tc tool -
Traffic control (http://www.rns-nis.co.yu/~mps/linux-tc.html)

Or you can compile the LQL(Linux QoS Library) with the kernel for achieveing
this(http://www.coverfire.com/lql/)

See some of the other links:
http://www.knowplace.org/shaper/
http://www.knowplace.org/shaper/examples.html