Soekris 4521 How to provide Initrd support for LILO based distribution

Bhagyashri Bijwe bhagyashri.bijwe at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 12:46:35 UTC 2005

Hi,
  I have pebble like distribution for Soekris 4521 with uClibc and
busybox support( for compact flash ).
   It works fine .
   Now I am trying to give initrd support to LILO based distribution
so that it can also be used for PXE BOOT .
   My current /mnt/cf/etc/lilo.conf

boot = /dev/sdb
disk = /dev/sdb
bios = 0x80
delay = 1
image = /boot/vmlinuz-cdac
initrd=/boot/initrd-2.4.22-embed.img
append="root=/dev/ram0 init=/linuxrc rw console=ttyS0,19200n8"
label = CDAC
read-only

   I also made ram0 and initrd in /dev directory using mknod.
   But after
        LILO Loading from CDAC .............
         It restarts.
         It is not getting initrd image .
        So ,if anyone know about this, plz help me.

   Thanks in advance,
   Ms Bhagyashri Bijwe
     Project Eng.
     Networking and Internet Software Group,