automunter

Brian D. McGrew brian at visionpro.com
Tue Jun 7 17:43:27 UTC 2005

Good morning all,

I've got a mixed Solaris / Redhat 7.3 network using NIS and automounter.
Life is good but I've got one machine that the automounter has stopped
running on.  The /.automount directory and /net directory both exist and
if I look in /var/log/messages it says that the remote file systems were
mounted but they're not.  If I change into the /net or /.automount
directory and try and look at a machine, there's nothing there.  It's
only one machine giving me grief running Redhat 7.3 with a 2.4.20 kernel
on a Dell 4600.

Any ideas?

-brian