Configuring permanent routes

Richard Hobbs richard.hobbs at crl.toshiba.co.uk
Wed Jun 15 13:57:19 UTC 2005

Hello,

Thanks for all the responses people, but I now have two solutions, and I
don't know which one is "industry standard":

 - "/etc/sysconfig/static-routes"
 - "/etc/rc.local"

Which one is the most highly recommended approach?

I don't like the sound of using rc.local myself, purely because it is not
executed until all other scripts are done. This would mean the routes are
not implemented until the machine is fully booted. Ideally I would like the
routes implemented at the same time as the standard routes. I guess
static-routes is therefore the only option.

Does anyone else agree?

Thanks again,
Hobbs.

--
Richard Hobbs (Systems Administrator)
Toshiba Research Europe Ltd. - Speech Technology Group
Email: richard.hobbs at crl.toshiba.co.uk
Tel: +44 1223 376964        Mobile: +44 7811 803377