Single HDD into soft-RAID?

Richard Hobbs richard.hobbs at crl.toshiba.co.uk
Fri Mar 4 10:44:17 UTC 2005

Hello,

I currently have a machine which has a single hard drive, non RAID'd,
running RH8.0.

I would like to add a second hard drive and turn it into a soft-RAID1
(mirrored) machine.

Is this possible, or will I have to rebuild the machine, partitioning the
disk as RAID partitions this time, instead of normal partitions?

If this is possible without repartitioning the hard drive and reinstalling
redhat, could you let me know how?

Thanks in advance,
Hobbs.

--
Richard Hobbs (Systems Administrator)
Toshiba Research Europe Ltd. - Speech Technology Group
Email: richard.hobbs at crl.toshiba.co.uk
Tel: +44 1223 376964        Mobile: +44 7811 803377