trying to find a RH support number to a live person..

Smith, Albert Albert.Smith at genexservices.com
Tue Mar 8 04:28:27 UTC 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com on behalf of Jason Dixon
Sent: Mon 3/7/2005 7:31 PM
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list; bedouglas at earthlink.net
Subject: Re: trying to find a RH support number to a live person..

On Mar 7, 2005, at 4:38 PM, bruce wrote:

> hi...
>
> i'm trying to find a number to a live RH support person for a question
> have regarding RH and the ability to remotely upgrade a
> server/OS/Apps...
>
> anybody either know how to do this without using yum/apt-get or does
> anyone
> have a number to someone within RH...

http://www.redhat.com/

Click on "Company".  Did you consider this before posting to the list?

--
Jason Dixon
DixonGroup Consulting

If you have a valid support contract they will help you and you will get all the information to contact them for support. But I must say don't post a ticket via the web they take forever to look at it. I am still waiting on an answer for on a server crash.

As for the remote update. If you are apart of RHN and you server is entitled and managed you can remotely update the server from the RHN.

Or do what I do, I daily update a local server that is a mirror of the update location at redhat, I set my local up2date to probe from there instead of going out to RHN.

If you want to remotely admin the box, try a util like webmin.

But that's me.

Albert Smith
Sr. Unix Systems Administrator
HPCSA, RHCT