edit user

Muhammad Rizwan rizwan at nixpanel.com
Tue Mar 15 06:33:47 UTC 2005

Yes, i already check man page for usermod.
The problem is Linux dont allow users with dot. like rizwan.khan.
This is the result of your suggested command:
[root at Rizwan root]# usermod -l rizwan1.khan rizwan1
usermod: invalid field `rizwan1.khan'

Any idea, how can i add users with dot without editing /etc/passwd file
myself.

Thanks